Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The words, which arise out of the ego, always have as their goal the promotion of conflict and reaction, and directly engage the ego in the recipient." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

I started this post yesterday: .....signs of death?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Pamela Parnell
Posted 2019-09-02 8:22 AM (#232238 - in reply to #232222)
Subject: Stop looking for so-called . . . signs of death?

Expert

Hi William,

I have some questions for you. First, what have you done to eliminate or reverse the so-called "signs of death"?

People are doing all kinds of things to reverse the appearance of aging or “signs of death,” as you put it. So, I assume you don’t want to pay to experience it that way, which of course, those ways seem to be just temporary anyway. And it sounds like you want it to happen in a way that would assure that you would live forever here in a young physical body.

Also, in my spiritual and metaphysical studies for the past 67 years or so, they all tell us that as soon as we do die, our bodies become young and youthful again, without signs of sin, disease and death! But of course, we are talking about experiencing that without going through the physical form of death that we see all around us. And yet all our spiritual teachings that we have chosen to accept, tell us that God did not Create death or aging or disease or suffering, etc., etc.

So, why is everyone experiencing these things, and especially us, who have decided that we want to experience NO death, or appearance of death, aging, etc.?

There is a statement I believe from the Bible about: “Being in the world but not of it!” I think that might describe what we are trying to accomplish, since we see aging and death all around us in this so-called world, but we don’t want to live in that world. We want to live in the world that God Created and do it while still in the flesh.

BUT, that would mean that we would have to keep all those beliefs and thoughts and judgments of aging and death out of our MINDS! Can we do that? Obviously we have not done that. If we had no beliefs about aging, what it looks like, what we think it would look like in us, we wouldn’t be experiencing it.

The Course talks about Waking up to the Christ that we Are. And it proposes that we do that by UNDOING all our conditioned beliefs that we have made up that are contrary to God’s Laws.

So, that is the same thing we need to do to undo the “signs of death (aging)”.

Raj used the statement “Abide with the desire,” in many of his earlier teachings. And I always wondered: What does that mean? And then the announcement of the Asilomar Gathering in 1996 was coming up in about 6 months. I had wanted to go to some of these other longer Gatherings in Vermont, but always said I couldn’t afford to go or to take off the time at work and on and on.

But as soon as I heard about Asilomar, I said, “I’m going! I don’t know how, but I am going!” And then I remembered the statement, “Abide with the desire.” So, I decided that was what I was doing when I said, “I’m going! I don’t know how, but I am going!” That was how I was abiding with the desire to go. So, I stayed with the belief that “I am going!” And if ever a doubt popped up in my mind I would say, “No! I am going, I don’t know how, but I am going.” I immediately told my boss that I wanted that time off and he accepted and put it on the calendar.

Now, I had about 6 months for this desire to be fulfilled. And the first thing that came up was I got a call and was told that my room and board for the Gathering was being taken care of! I was so surprised and so grateful it felt like a miracle. And also during those 6 months there were many times that the doubts came up, but I continued to answer those doubts with, “No! I am going, I don’t know how, but I am going!” The more I did that the less doubts came into my mind.

As I was “abiding with the desire,” I never tried to do anything myself to make anything happen, although, I did finally get the desire to call a travel agent and get a plane ticket to go. And I felt that I got a good deal, which I believe was because of the time that the urge came to do something (make the call at that time).

Then there was the thought that I could use some extra money to buy a suitcase and maybe even some new clothes. And I got a letter from my credit card saying that they increased my limit by $1,000. Wow, it was amazing as I “abided with the desire,” how all of these things all seemed to happen without me trying to do anything. The only thought I kept in mind was the desire to go to Asilomar, not knowing how it would happen, but just waiting to see and watch it unfold! And unfold it did. There were so many other things that happened so perfectly, I never could have done any of it myself!

“I of myself can do nothing! It is the Father that does the work!” And that’s when I realized what “Abiding with the desire” meant. It meant, letting the Father do His work, and I would stop trying to do His job by tying to do everything myself—my way, how I wanted it! When we let the Father do His job, everything works out more perfectly than anything we could try to do ourselves!

So, if we just “Abide with the desire,” to experience “no death” and whenever a doubt comes up, or whenever we catch ourselves looking for signs of aging or death, etc., we stop and say that, “God did not Create aging and death! And I am abiding with the desire to experience the Father’s Laws of no death.”

Now, one last question, William, what is your purpose in reversing the appearance of aging and no death? Is it just for appearances, or is it for the purpose of Living God’s Laws and Waking up to the Christ that you Are, so that you can do the Father’s Will more easily and abundantly?

Have you read “The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East,” yet?

http://www.pamelaparnell.com/Life.html

They are on my website and show what life would be like living the Father’s Will of being Awake as the Christs that we Are!

I Love You, Pam

Edited by Pamela Parnell 2019-09-02 11:05 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software