Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Let him who seeks, not cease seeking until he finds, and when he finds, he will be troubled, and when he has been troubled, he will marvel and he will reign over all.” ~~ (Jesus, Gospel of Thomas)
- (Added by: Vector8)

Did you watch Marianne Williamson on the Depates last night?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

orinda
Posted 2019-08-10 11:27 AM (#232103 - in reply to #232090)
Subject: big heart thanks for the meaningful connection, Judy

Expert

... i love hearing how you see things, and find it's so often on the 'same page' with what works for me ... like here;

[[On twitter...I follow lots of different news and varied journalists as well as it's really a great source of both news and opinions on the news.  Also funny animal things and comedic people, need that these days.  I like the format of twitter.  I notice that when I go to Facebook, I have instant depression...same with television.  Since I look at it with my phone, I found a way to change the background to black which I find much easier on the eyes and beautiful ...let's get out priorities straight !  I no longer turn on the tv for anything...well, the debates, was it just last week? oh it's been a very long week, or maybe it's been two?...but otherwise, it's streaming on the computer for entertainment now.]]

... same here, twitter is my main social media and news source  ... like you,  find the format honoring of respectful and helpful communication ... don't use facebook or tv ... nor do i have a cell phone (not that i see anything wrong with any of it ... just not an interest of mine) ... but i do love and give thanks for the little ipod son Paul gave me years ago so i could download and listen to Raj gatherings from the bedroom ... past few years Adyashanti's 30 minute guided meditations have also found their way to it's playlist ... and thankfully so! as so many nights having an 'awake' voice talk me into, or rather down to the reality of "allowing everything to be exactly as it is" has truly been sanity saving ... 

you also said; [[
With the devolving of America that we are seeing now, I thought back this morning to the challenges we had here on TGP with some fellow members being not only ardent fans of the president, then candidate, but also adopting his mindset and style of interacting with others.  Years later, we are all witness now to what an infection, like a nasty computer virus, that mindset has become, and that there was great wisdom and foresight to put a end to it here on the forum.  We are seeing now the importance of saying no to such things. ]]

oh my yes, that was a difficult but necessary response in light of how we're now seeing in actuality the horror of what some of us felt so strongly guided in our Being to say no to ... as Raj would say, from the tips of our toes ... but you know even that,  how it all went here at tgp ... was in it's own way perfect too ... for look at how it helped us come to the place where we get to choose to not let our different beliefs and way of seeing things at any given time separate us.
i know for myself, the thought of welcoming back the ones who left brings heartfelt thanks and joy ...

again, soooooo good to hear you, peace be with us all.

Edited by orinda 2019-08-10 11:47 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software